At Best Employee Surveys, we are dedicated to providing you with an easy process to deploy an Employee Engagement and Satisfaction Survey. We have streamlined this process, because as the research firm behind 70+ Best Places to Work programs worldwide, we manage surveys and deliver data and insights, every day. When your provider can lead your organization through the process with minimal disruption, you’re free to focus on the business that you’re in. Read on to learn the five steps we follow for an easy survey process.
Step One: Get all the Facts in Our Fact-Finding Call
The best process begins with a conversation to suss out the right setup, timing, and price for your survey. We’ll ask you a ton of questions to help us get to the bottom of what you need and how we can help. This step is an hour-long phone call in which we not only determine the best solutions for you, but demo the survey and reporting for you and have some great conversation. You’ll leave the call with answers to all your questions. If the survey project we recommend feels like the right fit for you, we’ll move onto the next step in our process.
Step Two: Get the Proposal Document You Need
This 20-minute call with screen sharing is a time to get your proposal document set up just the way you like it. By the time you reach step two, you will already have all the information you need for decision making: the timeline, process, deliverables, and pricing. The proposal document that we perfect in this short call, however, is what you’ll use to share the survey project details with your colleagues. You’ll leave this call with a PDF you feel great about.
Step Three: Set Up the Perfect Survey Project
If you decide to move forward with your proposed employee survey project, then we’ll sign an agreement and generate your Employee Survey Launch Workbook. Each workbook contains a series of tabs that detail the particulars of your project. The tabs from our sample workbook are detailed below:
- Timeline and survey team’s contact information
- Terms and deliverables, including your reporting package
- IT Specs for your online survey (when applicable)
- Customized language for the invite we’ll send to employees with email addresses (when applicable)
- Customized demographics, to match the setup of your organization
- Employee list, pre-assigned with workplace demographics (so you can take action to improve over time)
- Invoice and W-9
Step Four: Be an Internal Communications Wizard
We recommend best practices for communications and then hook you up with what you need to get it done.
Best Practices: Internal Communications for Upcoming Survey Project
- Email an announcement to the leadership team
- Share not just survey logistics, but the context for why it matters when you mention the survey in staff meetings
- Hang posters in common areas to promote survey participation
- Send an announcement from the human resources team a week or two in advance
- Send an email (or posted letter) from the CEO the day before the survey launch date.
Step Five: Get the Most Out of Your Process
After you receive your employee feedback reports, we help you get the most out of your data by providing you with a reports analysis call. Best attended by executive leadership and human resources, we’ll identify not just strengths and weaknesses in the areas of employee satisfaction, but what’s driving employee engagement at your organization. When we complete this call, you’ll know exactly what two or three things you’ll want to take action on to improve employee engagement over time.
You need to know what your employees think. Are they happy? Are they engaged? Do they plan to leave? Would they go the extra mile to see you succeed? That’s where we come in with our employee surveys and how they can help retain good employees!
When you’re ready to learn more about employee survey timelines, process and pricing, schedule a time to meet with one of our employer coaches. We'll get all your questions answered.